Monday, January 12, 2015

blog review:

In Mira's essay, "Non-Fiction Article - Child Abuse," she raises the issue of child abuse. Throughtout her piece she provides logical evidence to back up her intellectual opinion on how abusive parents affect a child's future stability. During her essay, Mira brings up three important ways child are affected by their parents behavior towards them. One thing Mira did that I liked was, she said that abused children could interpret innocent behavior as threatening and she used evidence to back up her claim. I like this reasoning because it goes much deeper into the issue than saying 'abused children are hurt physically' and it explains how abused children have difficulties trusting people (adults more so). Another thing I liked that Mira did was, she claimed that abusive children have trouble maintaining relationships in their lives because of their difficulty trusting others, this could mean abused children can't find the help they need or helpful people to rely on because of their past. I liked that Mira provided information on two similar claims because both of them are linked together in some way and that makes the reader think more intently about the topic at hand. Overall, I liked Mira's essay because it shows her intellectual opinion and good evidence to support her claims. I would recommend this essay because it delves deeper into the complicated issue of child abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment